- First thing’s first: Our newspaper, the Sandpoint Reader, came out with a new edition today. Read it here.
- The Idaho State Board of Education issued criteria today that “schools would need to meet if they hope to reopen this year amid the coronavirus pandemic.” Read more about those qualifications at Idaho Ed News.
- Governor Little’s office launched a campaign today: Recreate Responsibly Idaho. The campaign aims to educate people on best practices to enjoy the outdoors while still social distancing. Read about it here.
- Protests are in the works in Boise and across the state as the Idaho Freedom Foundation, Idaho Second Amendment Alliance and Health Freedom Idaho are encouraging people to “gather on Friday to remind our employees of the state that we will not stay silent while they attempt to destroy the lives of Idahoans and our economy.” Read more here.
- For those missing sports: Here’s a timeless and incredible long-read from the New York Times about the Arlee Warriors boys’ basketball team from some years back titled “What the Arlee Warriors Were Playing For.” It has some heavy themes, but those with interests in youth sports and regional reservations will take something from it. It’s one I like to revisit from time to time. —LK
While we have you ...
... if you appreciate that access to the news, opinion, humor, entertainment and cultural reporting in the Sandpoint Reader is freely available in our print newspaper as well as here on our website, we have a favor to ask. The Reader is locally owned and free of the large corporate, big-money influence that affects so much of the media today. We're supported entirely by our valued advertisers and readers. We're committed to continued free access to our paper and our website here with NO PAYWALL - period. But of course, it does cost money to produce the Reader. If you're a reader who appreciates the value of an independent, local news source, we hope you'll consider a voluntary contribution. You can help support the Reader for as little as $1.
You can contribute at either Paypal or Patreon.Contribute at Patreon Contribute at Paypal