The Reader Community | Featured News
Local News Beat
- Proposition 1 breakdown By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff While Proposition 1, headed for state ballots this November, has many Idahoans scratching their heads, it’s also ...
- Idaho student debt nears $27K By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff Idaho student debt may be below the national average, but it’s still costing students a pretty penny. Idaho ...
- New landscaping, four-ways stops coming downtown By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff After weeks of upturned gravel and bare dirt, the downtown core is about to get greener. Beginning next ...
- Libraries host National Voter Registration Day By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff Election Day is fast approaching. To ensure that your trip to your polling place is as speedy ...
- Boulder Creek Road reopens By Reader Staff The repair work on Boulder Creek Road #314 on the Bonners Ferry Ranger District has been completed, and ...
- Smelter naysayers dominate EIS hearing By Susan Drumheller Reader Contributor Hundreds of people turned out to raise heartfelt, serious questions about plans for a silicon smelter in ...
- New lifts planned for Schweitzer in 2019-2020 season By Ben Olson Reader Staff Schweitzer Mountain Resort announced Thursday that it will be replacing the Snow Ghost double chair – or ...
- Young Voters: Will their voices be heard this November? By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff There’s a voting powerhouse in the U.S. with the ability to transform the political landscape — if ...
See more local news from the Reader»
From Around the Web
- Idaho firefighting bill totals $17m In line with recent years' averages
- Regulators OK Avista sale timeline New schedule set after shakeup
- UI rolls out rebranding effort Pride gold "I" is official logo
- ‘Be grateful Californians moving here’ Boise columnist hits on touchy topic
- NIC to create two healthcare programs Awarded workforce development grant
- Idaho coalition fights Proposition 1 Say initiative is about slot machines
- Idaho reviews inmate fire crew program Follows rape accusation at Utah blaze
- Settlement to aid Clark Fork Delta BPA to pay Idaho $24 million
- Spokesman-Review offers buyouts Aims to shrink newsroom staff size
- It’s a deadly summer on Idaho roads 93 fatalities since Memorial Weekend
- Idaho’s first medical school opens 162 students attend orientation
- 1.4% annual job growth in Idaho predicted Over 105,000 jobs to be added by 2026
- Idaho couple survives cave ordeal Rescued after being trapped 30 hours
- Idaho has most to lose in trade war China buys dairy, semiconductors, more
- Today’s Idaho GOP are yesterday’s Dems Similar views, but different labels
- Kochava part of new Google program 'Paves way for deeper integration'
- Authorities describe rescue of baby View video on NBC Today Show
- Sandpoint man back on robocalls Rhodes tied to Bay Area activity
- Idaho reaches ‘criminal justice crisis’ $500 million prison expansion OK'd
- Snow in July … yep, at Schweitzer Snowman pic hits Weather Channel
Read more from around the web»