The Reader Community | Featured News
Local News Beat
- 11 Mile and Wrenco dump sites to close By Lyndsie Kiebert Reader Staff The Bonner County Board of Commissioners voted Tuesday to close both the 11 Mile and Wrenco waste ...
- Lake Pend Oreille reaches summer pool level By Lyndsie Kiebert Reader Staff Boaters, beach-goers and lake recreators of all stripes rejoice — Lake Pend Oreille is officially at summer ...
- Tamarack Aerospace declares bankruptcy By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff Local company Tamarack Aerospace has declared bankruptcy in the wake of setbacks from aviation regulators. Company officials say ...
- CHAFE 150 riders hit the road Saturday By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff One of the biggest biking events in the region kicks off Saturday morning as CHAFE 150 riders ...
- Report shows sunny revenue forecast for Idaho By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff Gov. Brad Little’s office is celebrating the release this week of better-than-expected revenue collection throughout Idaho. According to ...
- One third of state administrative rules to be cut or simplified By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff Gov. Brad Little’s office is striking while the iron is hot to curb back administrative rules in ...
- County adopts mass fatality plan By Lyndsie Kiebert Reader Staff Bonner County Commissioners unanimously approved adoption of a Regional Mass Fatality Management Plan Tuesday, joining four other ...
- Pete Thompson, Sandpoint publisher, dies at 89 By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff Pete Thompson, former owner and co-founder of the Bonner County Daily Bee and a self-described “newspaperman” to ...
See more local news from the Reader»
From Around the Web
- Stockton fails to stop developer Legend has Priest Lake residence
- Otter joins mining company board Canadian firm expanding to Idaho
- Data: 3,800 kids not fully immunized Idaho on watch for measles outbreak
- Football participation in Idaho drops Attributed to concerns, more options
- Berreth family’s pastor speaks out Says church is helping parents cope
- Corrections appeals inmate’s surgery Court ordered gender reassignment
- Idaho employees may see pay raises Little seeks 3% merit-based increase
- Sandpoint 3rd on ‘best ski towns’ list RAVE Reviews touts skiing, dining
- Idaho, Nevada tied for fastest growth Due to in-migration from other states
- DeForest is ‘local conservation hero’ Leads efforts at regional conservancy
- Former autism therapist, 50, jailed Naples resident charged with fraud
- U.S., Idaho sign restoration pact Aims to protect national forests
- An ode to the Snow Ghost … The grand chariot in the sky
- EPA likely to OK Kalispel tribe plan Protects air space over reservation
- Grizzly activity in Cabinets studied Agencies expand education efforts
- Gov.-elect Little names budget chief Adams oversaw Board of Pharmacy
- Suicide, QBs, and the Hilinski family N.Y. Times examines WSU story
- Regulators turn down Avista sale Say it's not in customers' interests
- Kramer sits down with Little Interviewed at Idaho conference
- Idaho woman sentenced in fatal fire Used cooking device to warm up car
Read more from around the web»