The Reader Community | Featured News
Local News Beat
- Litehouse announces sales growth By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff The past year has been good to Litehouse, Inc. The Sandpoint-based company announced this week it experienced a ...
- Resident opens fire at senior home By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff No one was hurt in a gunfire incident at Huckleberry Retirement in which a resident of elderly ...
- Trade war targets iconic Idaho potatoes By Cameron Rasmusson Reader Staff As the centerpiece of state’s agricultural industry, the Idaho potato is iconic. For many Americans, it’s Idaho’s only ...
- Boaters: It’s a big year for debris By Lyndsie Kiebert Reader Staff Bonner County Sheriff’s Deputy Rob Danno can describe this year’s waterway debris situation in a single word: ...
- Avista merger hearing draws mostly opposition By Lyndsie Kiebert Reader Staff Reasons not to support the merger between Avista Utilities and Canada-based Hydro One dominated the Idaho Public ...
- Fire breaks out at Newport apartment complex By Ben Olson Reader Staff A Newport apartment complex caught fire on Friday afternoon and was extinguished after several hours of suppression ...
- Local groups file lawsuit over Newport Smelter land sale By Lyndsie Kiebert Reader Staff Two citizen groups have filed a lawsuit in regard to the sale of land from Pend Oreille ...
- Reeder Bay Campground closed for season By Reader Staff The Reeder Bay Campground, located on the Priest Lake Ranger District of the Idaho Panhandle National Forests will ...
See more local news from the Reader»
From Around the Web
- Fake coyotes used at City Beach Sandpoint hopes to deter geese
- Idaho football team rescues couple Lifts car after crashing on highway
- Two die in S. Idaho murder-suicide Man had criminal past in Bonner Co.
- Joel’s on U.S.’s ‘best burrito’ list Food and Wine Magazine pick
- She hails from tribal chiefs … Jordan candidacy gains attention
- SHS grad led the Medicaid effort Mayville now a political scientist
- Firefighter is ‘sexiest vegan’ finalist Sandpoint's Le Tutour in PETA vote
- Silverwood opening for the season Park kicks off 30th year with deals
- SHS walkout spurs student activism 'I felt really empowered honestly'
- UP investing in rail infrastructure $22.3m includes North Idaho work
- Student’s gesture inspires others Cedar Post video: Yona Soltis»
- How 13 keys laws may affect you Legislature's 2018 session roundup
- Region reacts to hate crime posters Incidents appear to be on the rise
- SHS AcaDeca team on to nationals Will represent Idaho next month
- Otter signs abortion reversal law Affects drug-induced procedures
- 1,500 students protest at Statehouse As thousands walk out across Idaho
- 10 wolves killed in North Idaho Aimed at boosting elk numbers
- Idaho unemployment at 3 percent Steady for fifth consecutive month
- Silverwood increases starting wage Tight labor market cited for $1 boost
- Candidates flock to file for election Idaho's primary ballot is crowded
Read more from around the web»