By Lyndsie Kiebert
Sunday was Easter, April Fool’s Day and the earliest the Festival at Sandpoint has ever released their summer concert series lineup — so you could say it was an eventful day.
“We wanted to announce early this year due to the fact that there is so much going on in our region and we understand people need to make plans,” said Festival Director Dyno Wahl.
Wahl announced the lineup via social media on the day notorious for fooling, so the Festival’s Facebook account was quick to squash any suspicions.
“No foolin’!” the account responded to accusations of April Fool’s trickery. “Our fans were asking for an earlier announcement and we had our ‘acts together’!”
Those acts are as follows:
- Big Head Todd and the Monsters (Thursday, Aug. 2) — jam-band rock with blues and funk vibes
- Amos Lee (Friday, Aug. 3) — easy-going acoustic folk, popular singles include “Sweet Pea” and “Night Train
- ZZ Top (Saturday, Aug. 4) — classic blues-rock, popular the 70s and 80s but still rocking
- Family Concert (Sunday, Aug. 5) — The Festival Community Orchestra and Studio One Dancers perform after an afternoon of activities for the kiddos
- Greensky Bluegrass (Thursday, Aug. 9) — bluegrass country-rock, and BrewFest!
- Sublime w/ Rome (Friday, Aug. 10) — surf-rock with touches of hip hop, funk and so much more. This is a dance show
- Phillip Phillips + Gavin DeGraw (Saturday, Aug. 12) — singer-songwriter/pop-rock
- Grand Finale Concert starring the Spokane Symphony Orchestra (Sunday, Aug. 12) — conducted by Gary Sheldon. Before the show: “Taste of the Stars” wine tasting. After the show: fireworks
Supporting acts will be announced at a later date.
Individual tickets are on sale now at www.festivalatsandpoint.com and in person at The Festival at Sandpoint Office (525 Pine Street).
Phone orders may be placed by calling the Festival Office at 208-265-4554. A limited number of 300 Early Entry passes are available to Friday and Saturday night shows. For a $25 donation, season pass holders and individual ticket buyers can upgrade their tickets for 10 minute early entry to the venue. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover cards, personal checks and cash are accepted.